- You participate in clarifying requirements, designing and implementing Java applications, either desktop, or web on both front-end and back-end sides.
- You contribute to quality improvements, via code reviews and unit-tests, and check the results of your work together with members of the QA team.
- You participate in the development of deployment scripts or tools aiming at reducing the total cost of ownership for the maintained applications.
- You estimate the necessary effort, record the actual effort and communicate with the team leader on any potential issue.
- Computer science university degree.
- At least 2 years of experience in Java development.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts and practices, knowledge of design patterns is a plus.
- Experience with application design, programming architecture and software lifecycle.
- Java Web development experience, including experience with J2SE Servlet Engines like Tomcat, JSP, Servlets, and with source code management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experience with at least one Java framework (e.g. Spring, Jboss, Struts)
- Experience with at least one known RDBMS (e.g. MySql, Oracle, MSSQL), including working with a DAL framework like Hibernate
- Programming experience with HTML, CSS, Java Script, jQuery, AJAX and JSON.
- You are used to debugging web applications, and you do that with proficiency.
- Experience with web services is a plus.
- Experience with Eclipse RCP/RAP is a plus.
- Fluent in English; German is a plus.
What you can expect:
- Challenging tasks and projects.
- Flexible hours.
- Active support of your career within the company.
- A professional and powerful team with flat hierarchies.
- Great social environment where you can work amongst friends.
- Demand-oriented and on-going
- Medical insurance plan.